Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Rumor Has It



So....he had a temp free night, his color is good and holding and rumor has it that we maybe going home today. GLORY BE! I think we are both so sick of this place we could cry. Like all hospital stays, it has had its good and bad points but even 5 star accommodations couldn't make me want to stay one second longer than necessary.

David, just ate enough breakfast to feed two kids. He is cleaned up as am I, so we wait. Yes, there will be EMS involvement (I am going to have to bake those people a cheesecake) and hopefully before early afternoon...we will be home. Fingers crossed. And now I am ashamed.

As I sit her complaining and have been feeling confined for the last few days, I seem to forget how blessed we really are. I can't help but think of two little girls and their families who have spent way more time in the hospital this last year than most ever do in their entire lives. Of course I am referring to Adele and Hadley. Both have been fighting cancer (two different forms) and both have clocked more hours in hospitals, having tests, surgeries and all the other yucky and unpleasant stuff that goes on behind hospital doors, than even I can imagine. Their journey's are far more daunting than Davids and in comparison, I have absolutely nothing to complain about. Shame on me!

Blessedly though, both little ladies seem to be holding their own as we start the new year and for that I am so very grateful. Please continue to keep these precious girls and their families in your thoughts and prayers because when they aren't feeling well the whole family is affected.

So today should be a good day. My fondest hope is that the next blog you read....will be written from the comfort of my own home. Oh...and as always.....thank you for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment