Tuesday, February 22, 2011

The Haircut

Yesterday David got a much needed haircut. He has some pretty wild cowlicks and when his hair gets any length....we start having some crazy bad hair days. For some reason....cutting his hair is one of my least favorite things to do. I am not sure why as he is really great when it comes to haircuts. He actually sits fairly still and there are no dramatic tantrums or sudden movements which could cause  the loss of an ear, eye or a deep hair gouge resulting in the need for a shaved head. Still....I have never liked doing it....and everyone in my family is aware of the fact.

While I was out getting irregular moles removed from my body yesterday...Zachary decided to try his hand at giving David his first hair cut. I was a little nervous at the sound of this, but he sent me a picture of the finished product and it looked pretty cute. When I got home there were a few hairs longer than the others but for the most part.....it looked really good. David as always really liked it. He loves a new haircut....especially when it is buzzed short. He spent the better part of yesterday evening running his hand across his head and when he saw himself in the mirror he kept pointing saying..."Oooooo!" which is David speak for "I like it!"

As you can see....he looks quite handsome with his new do and he is not afraid to pose for pictures.

It always amazes me when he gets a hair cut how much older he looks and also...how much he looks like his daddy. Of all the kids in fact....he looks most like Tim and every time I look at him with his new cut I see a part of his daddy staring back at me. There is definitely no denying parentage here.

All seems to be going fairly well with David right now....if I could just put his braces on the right feet of morning. My inability to see well or to function well early of a morning has sent my poor little guy out the door twice with his braces on the wrong feet...resulting in red marks and even blisters. I guess there goes my Mother of the Year award. That and his teachers I am sure think that I am the one with learning disabilities...not him. I have got to remember to wear my glasses when I dress him in the mornings!!!

He seems to be doing okay where seizures are concerned, but I am always on my guard. Recently he has been a little aggressive at school. This is really not David. We are either dealing with silent seizures again, hormone changes, or shunt issues. The latter is my biggest concern as the last shunt malfunction he had was not discovered until his shunt had been clogging and unclogging for a period of time. It really did a number on his health and I am sure it made him feel bad all the time. I don't want him to have to go through that again if I can avoid it. For now though....I just watch him and we enjoy everyday as it comes. Me and my Mr. David!

No comments:

Post a Comment